Still searching for food after eating

mamakity7679

My name is Amanda. I have very small juvenile leopard gecko with bright orange and white mark around her head and neck.

He/she is very beautiful and smart. She likes to hide under her rug. she likes to lie on the glass of the aquarium. She has eaten 45 crickets in the last two weeks. I cleaned out her aquarium, put a clean mat is her cage clean water. She is pooping but has not found a favorite spot yet. She likes my hand just not fingers yet. I'm worried that she is still searching for food. Will get crickets tomorrow. Am I feeding her two much. Her tail is still slim, she just has a little roundness in her belly that was not there when I got her and no she does not have any spots trying to get picture loaded now

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_174702.jpg
    IMG_20210511_174702.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4

mamakity7679

Her name is sunny
I have a Russian tortoise named Alice
1 eastern box turtle name tootsie
2 dogs Bella and Shelby
2cats Patches and Hobbs

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congrats on your new gecko. She will probably lose all her body spots. Juvenile geckos spend most of their time hiding. It's normal. She will eat as much as she needs to, just keep offering. Sometimes she won't eat. That's OK too.

Aliza

Scottp123

Hi,

I'm looking for tips and advise on getting my Leo to trust me, I keep putting my hand in his Viv for half an hour on an evening when he's out and about, when he comes near me he looks like he's going to strike at me, so I take my hand out.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks.

LZRDGRL

Hi,

I'm looking for tips and advise on getting my Leo to trust me, I keep putting my hand in his Viv for half an hour on an evening when he's out and about, when he comes near me he looks like he's going to strike at me, so I take my hand out.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks.
Well, it's a reptile, so don't expect any feelings like dogs have for humans. But I'm sure if you fill your hand with mealworms and leave it in the cage, your Leo will come and sit on your hand to eat ;)

LZRDGRL

Her name is sunny
I have a Russian tortoise named Alice
1 eastern box turtle name tootsie
2 dogs Bella and Shelby
2cats Patches and Hobbs
Your gecko juvie looks great and healthy!
By the way, you can put all your other animals into the "signature." I figured out how to do that, too ;) Then, this appears in every post you make automatically. You simply go to the top right hand corner where your avatar is, click on your login name, and then an icon pops up where you can click, "signature." There, you can type your other pets in. I also had to dogs (Honey and Sally) and two cats (Frankie and Felix). Sadly, I was not allowed to take them with me on the plance to Europe due to Covid, so I had to adopt them out when I left the U.S. last year. You got quite a zoo there already ;)

Scottp123

Well, it's a reptile, so don't expect any feelings like dogs have for humans. But I'm sure if you fill your hand with mealworms and leave it in the cage, your Leo will come and sit on your hand to eat ;)
Ok thanks,

We made progress tonight, I used locusts to lure him out and walk across my hand to get them, so if I keep doing that he'll get used to me. (Hopefully).

mamakity7679

Where are you guys located that you can get those other bugs here in Georgia USA I can only get cricket meal worms wax worms and super worms. I am not sure I can giver her anything else. But could i do something to keep crickets alive for longer. we have wild bugs like rolly polley and little grass hopers slugs and worms and beetles. I don't think she can eat the outside bugs but where else can I look to find feeder bugs other than PetSmart and pet super market. Most of the smaller chains don't sell anything bu dried bugs and i believe she can only eat live bugs. If any one here is located in the southern USA close to Georgia let me know where you guys get your feeder bugs. Please?

Visit our friends