jcmlovesgeckos44

Hello, I have two geckos. One I have had for two years and one for only 1. I am having trouble with my second gecko. She has always been very timid and nervous with me and I can’t seem to get anywhere with her. I hand feed her but she doesn’t like to interact. She makes sudden movements, chirps, shakes and moves her tail slowly and runs away from me. I have noticed her digging holes in the corners of her enclosure. this isn’t anything new with her but I think it is time I start properly handling the problem once and for all. It is weird because sometimes she comes out of her enclosure with out too much trouble and eats perfectly fine aswell. Then she will start opening her mouth almost to the point it looks like she is choking. And the craziness goes on from there. When I put her back in her cage she runs away and tries to crawl up the far back side of the glass . I am not sure what to do. Is there a way I can slowly win her back? Thank you for your time.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Am I correct to assume that she is in an enclosure by herself? Some geckos just don't like to be interacted with. You could try covering 3 sides of the cage to make her feel more protected. If she doesn't already have a humid hide with something like coco fiber so she can dig, set that up. She may end up being a "look don't touch" gecko.

Aliza

jcmlovesgeckos44

Ah ha! So originally her and my other gecko were living together but with a divider that I made which unfortunately didn’t work very well and they were frequently on each others side. A few motbnhs ago she finally got her own enclosure but maybe this affected her? I will be very gentle with her and comforting hopefully overtime she will atlest get used to me. If she is the look no touch type I will definitely take note. Thank You

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Just be patient with her and make sure you're paying attention to her body language. If she's over it or acting agitated, then it's time to leave her be.

Visit our friends