stuck shed ):

via

basically, one of my leo geckos have stuck shed on their toe and theyre very jump. i just got them about a little less than a week ago and I don't want to pick them up and spook them. its been stuck on their toes for a few hours ago and i think they kind of forgot. everything else is gone but the stuck shed on their toes. what do i do???

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In order to do anything you're going to have to pick them up at some point. For now, get a gladware container, cut a square hole in the cover, put about 1/4" of warm water in there and put the gecko in. This is a less stressful way to give the feet a soak than putting the gecko in the sink. You can gently put your hand over the hole to keep it in there soaking for about half a minute. Then take the gecko out, wrap it gently in a towel, hold it against your stomach and use your fingernails to pull the shed off. Don't worry if there's a little bleeding. Good luck.

Aliza

Reactions: via

via

In order to do anything you're going to have to pick them up at some point. For now, get a gladware container, cut a square hole in the cover, put about 1/4" of warm water in there and put the gecko in. This is a less stressful way to give the feet a soak than putting the gecko in the sink. You can gently put your hand over the hole to keep it in there soaking for about half a minute. Then take the gecko out, wrap it gently in a towel, hold it against your stomach and use your fingernails to pull the shed off. Don't worry if there's a little bleeding. Good luck.

Aliza
thank you so much! it worked :)

Visit our friends