Stuck shed?

Elyria.Luna

Is this stuck shed? Stan keeps having shed problems. He usually gets it stuck in his eyes which I have been pretty good at helping by giving him a bath and using a qtip. This time tho its his lip. Feels hard. And its a bump.
20220203_123427.jpg

White Shaq

It looks like mouth rot and sounds like mouth rot from what you described. Just to check rub the side of his mouth to get him to open it. If it is red and inflamed is that will confirm that it is mouth rot. I would consult with a vet to make sure it is mouth rot. The link is for treating mouth rot causes and symptoms. Again I would go to a vet, but you should read this article first. I hope Stan gets better and I hope this was helpful. Mouth rot in leopard geckos

Elyria.Luna

It looks like mouth rot and sounds like mouth rot from what you described. Just to check rub the side of his mouth to get him to open it. If it is red and inflamed is that will confirm that it is mouth rot. I would consult with a vet to make sure it is mouth rot. The link is for treating mouth rot causes and symptoms. Again I would go to a vet, but you should read this article first. I hope Stan gets better and I hope this was helpful. Mouth rot in leopard geckos
Thank you. I will be making an appointment with a vet but the wait is always so long bc hes the only one for the area :) im going to go give his tank a big clean now

Elyria.Luna

Well im so happy to say Stan shed today and it came right off. I found it and it looks like a little scab and hes all good now. Whew such a relief my little man is ok <3 thanks again for your help

Human Alien

Is this stuck shed? Stan keeps having shed problems. He usually gets it stuck in his eyes which I have been pretty good at helping by giving him a bath and using a qtip. This time tho its his lip. Feels hard. And its a bump.
View attachment 80823
Rethink and concentrate on the moist hide, always have a moist hide thats higher in humidity or maybe your Leo has skin still attached from a previous shed, inspect your Leo during the shedding period and may need your assistance to rid of all dead skin still attached and left unattended will cause growth and poss. even loss of didgets. 1st I would raise the humidity level in your moist hide section of your enclosure, or redesign your enclosure as per proven methods from a successful herpotologist.

Visit our friends