Sudden behavioral change?

Izzyloo

Hi all,
My almost two year old AFT has always been extremely sweet and handleable, never has been moody in any way. Recently she has been hiding a lot, went through a period of not eating (I assumed brumation?) And began acting normally, again. I went to check on her tonight and felt around her humid hide like normal and I hear this little hiss and she struck at my hand. I assumed I startled her, so I took the moss out to check her. She looked fine aside from being a bit in shed. I put my hand down non-threatening, and she just looked at me. I decided to leave her alone, and wet the moss to put back in. When I tried to put it in she kept hissing and striking at the moss.
This is extremely unusual of her, and I'm not sure if anyone would have any insight for me. :(

Thanks for your time!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have found my AFT's who are generally calm and sweet to be more inclined than many of my other species to get upset when surprised or handled in a way they don't like.

Aliza

Izzyloo

I have found my AFT's who are generally calm and sweet to be more inclined than many of my other species to get upset when surprised or handled in a way they don't like.

Aliza
I was figuring that I had surprised her, but she is still acting odd. :( I'll keep checking on her periodically.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Visit our friends