Suggestion Box

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Use this thread to submit any suggestions you have on how we can improve GeckoTalk.com!

Thanks for your feedback! It is always appreciated!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Feel free to suggest sub-forum categories and also use this 'Feedback and Help' area to let us know about any technical difficulties you're having

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Done! Now that we have a couple breeders signed up - you guys gotta fill that subforum up! :);)

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I'm trying to add subforums at a pace that keeps things organized but also doesn't make the site look cluttered, yknow?
Eventually I'd like to have a lot more species subforums for each type of gecko

Taiga

3 Year Member
I think a great way to attract people would be to have a classifieds section, for breeders who wish to sell or trade. I always love looking at gorgeous geckos for sale.

Also, a "Help for new Hobbyists" would be a good sub-forum. I know people always look up their problems on forums, and when there is a section, it’s a good place to put a FAQ for simple things new comers to reptiles get excited over (not eating, being shy, biting etc..)

And lastly, for sub-forums for species a good place to start would be leopard geckos, day geckos, crested geckos, rhacodactylus, leaf tail geckos, knob tail geckos, and other.

Hope these suggestions help!

We need a a section for breeding and tips and dicuss different species of geckos such as crested leopard gargoyle ect ect. Also a place for breeders to dicuss different things. Last a place to update about upcoming reptile shows.

1. Breeding and breeder section
2. Specific species section
3. Update people about reptile shows

I tried to make it more organized. Well thank you :)

Taiga

3 Year Member
We need a a section for breeding and tips and dicuss different species of geckos such as crested leopard gargoyle ect ect. Also a place for breeders to dicuss different things. Last a place to update about upcoming reptile shows.

1. Breeding and breeder section
2. Specific species section
3. Update people about reptile shows

I tried to make it more organized. Well thank you :)

Yes, I agree. The sooner we have specific species pages up, the better. Things like "gecko breeding" can be vague, but it would be better to have photos, general help/questions, and enclosures to be a sub category to each specific species of gecko, IE Rhacs, Uroplatus, Eublepharis, Hemitheconyx, Phelsuma, and "Other" for knobtails, cave geckos, fan-tails, helmet, tokay...etc. Also, instead of just the first binomial name, also have the "shop name" that people normally call them by in case not everyone knows what a Lepidodactylus lugubris is ;)

That way, people who have specific problems/ideas/suggestions can post in a category where people have the most knowledge and interest in the particular species.
Everything is looking good so far! We just need a few more dozen members!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone!
I'll try to rearrange things into a coherent outline and post it here so you can all give some feedback. How's that sound?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Rhacs - cresteds, giants, and gargoyles
Uroplatus - flat/leaftail
Eublepharis - Leos
Hemitheconyx - fat-tail
Phelsuma - day geckos
Other - knobtails, cave geckos, fan-tails, helmet, tokay

What else are we missing?

Taiga

3 Year Member
Eublepharis - Leos
Hemitheconyx - fat-tail
Phelsuma - day geckos

Everything sounds good so far! I might think of something later... ;)

Eublepharis - Leos
Hemitheconyx - fat-tail
Phelsuma - day geckos
Other - knobtails, cave geckos, fan-tails, helmet, tokay nope everything sounds great thanks man.

jfreemo75

3 Year Member
Eublepharis - Leos
Hemitheconyx - fat-tail
Phelsuma - day geckos

Add chahoua and sarasinorum to the rhacs. I've got a Eurydactylodes Agricolae; he could go with the "Other"

megan.w

3 Year Member
You should have a picture of week competition and when its seasonal e.g (christmas) people can have themed pictures?:)

Geckomaster743

How about a Feature that lets you Share some thing on FB Or Twitter that allows us to get our brings to start posting in this Gecko Community!

Taiga

3 Year Member
Another suggestion, in the "for sale" forums, we should be able to edit out post. That way we can update if one has been sold, or add new photos without having to "bump" the post to the top.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
There should be Facebook and twitter links at the bottom of each thread...

Taiga,
I will see about adding those permissions for the For Sale forum.
How's the site working for everyone otherwise?

Taiga

3 Year Member
There should be Facebook and twitter links at the bottom of each thread...

Taiga,
I will see about adding those permissions for the For Sale forum.
How's the site working for everyone otherwise?

Pretty good, I like the setup. Very clean and neat, other than being able to edit our posts I can't think of anything else!

Also, on a side note, I can't seem to find where the deadline is for the contest. I know you moved it from the 17th, and I thought I saw it was the 24th somewhere, but now I can't seem to find it! Please let me know :)

Visit our friends