Suggestion Box

Geckomaster743

Create a Section just for Genetics Talk, It sucks when i have to cover some one elses post because i want mine to be contributed too.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Make a max email per day cap, I got like 10+ emails today from geckotalk alone, possibly stop sending emails after 5 are sent on one day?
I like that this site is busy, but I notice that too. So I just turned off the email notifications in my preferences. I'm on here enough that I really don't need them.

Geckomaster743

Could we have an Email that is sent to members who have only ever messaged once or used to be really active but suddenly left saying " Please Come back, Your fellow gecko talk members are waiting for you, With a bunch of Messages from us to them saying Stuff like Come back to the Community or Share some new Photos. Some thing like that. After all they did register with an Email to get here and what a better way to notify them then that.

Caleb C

If members really enjoyed the site, they would be active on here. They would probably just mark it as spam, that's what I do when sites that I never go on say that they miss me.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I will see about limiting how many emails are sent in a day... Thanks for the suggestions guys!

unicorn

i think there should be more contests that would be a good idea to make it more interesting and more prizes like first place gets like a leopard gecko 2nd gets a $50 and 3rd place gets a something else

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I agree we do need more contests! Would someone like to volunteer to help run a monthly photo contest?

Geckomaster743

Eh, No one has commented on this in a While and I really think we need one.
Like.
Sick Geckos ---->
Sick Leopard Geckos
Sick Crested
Sick Etc - Tokay,Sand Geckos, Gem Geckos, Sikaore, Non Common Species.

And then Genes & Morphs
Genes & Morphs ----->
Morphs - Lists the morphs that exist.
Color - Breeding these Creates a More Orange color, Focusing this morph and that morph creates this type of color.
Eyes - Example: This gecko can have Snake Eyes if bred with Blah Blah.
Out Comes - Example: Raptor X Raptor = Raptor

Sections with Sub Sections would really help out and having our own Morph dictionary would increase the popularity of this website because not all morphs are listed on other websites such as the Urban gecko or The leopard gecko wiki, ( They both carry a large amount of morphs with high quality photos, Descriptions etc but they do not carry them all ).

Caleb C

Problem with making a database is that we can't just grab photos off the internet, we would need our own pictures, or we would need permission to use other pictures :\

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Anyone have any new suggestions or feedback for me on how to make GeckoTalk better?

Matthieu Adams

Interesting idea that might be interesting to implement- a journal forum where each member can post updates on their geckos, life, etc.

Just might be an interesting way for people to keep track of their progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends