Suggestions for crestie setup

Gible

Hi everyone
I have a malformed crested gecko. He has no elbow or knee on his right side, and he’s also blind on that side. He is an ok climber but not great, and prefers the ground which is totally weird for a crestie.
I have a 20g to put him in for now and I’m wondering what the best setup would be and if there’s any specific thing I should be worried about. I’m planning on putting a lot of foliage and big structures in there that will be easy to climb. Not too sure about substrate. He’s currently in a critter tote until I can get him in his tank. He seems healthy other than a few missing toes

Id say he’s about a year old maybe less, he’s quite small.

Attachments

• 8CC23066-EA06-48CA-BE1D-1B793479D646.jpeg
    8CC23066-EA06-48CA-BE1D-1B793479D646.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In my opinion with a crested gecko that's going to be smaller than normal and that's not that mobile, a 20 gallon may be OK. If you use lots of cork bark that's easy to climb, some vines for shelter and a hide on the ground, that could work well. One of my crested geckos prefers to sleep on the ground, though he's often higher in the cage at night. He has a hide that he sleeps in about half the time and the rest of the time he burrows into the vines.

Aliza

Visit our friends