Super Giant and Giant Gecko

perfect14614

Hi All, I am very curious about Super Giant and Giant Gecko. Did anyone can share me about this ? and for your experience how long is the longest gecko you know ? I have heard someone looking for gecko in size 12.6 inch, is that exist gecko with that size or only hoax ? Thanks for anyone who want to share with me.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know much about them because I haven't worked with them. This is the best information I can find (and if one thing is clear, it's that nothing is clear) came from the gecko boa.com site:

The giant/supergiant was developed by Ron Tremper and his genetic information is here:
This information sounds more definitive and I will say that I don't entirely trust his conclusions about genetics.

Aliza

perfect14614

Hi Aliza, thanks for sharing. Yes, that's why I need to know more about this genetics. From your experience, what size the longest gecko you know ?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have no giant geckos. My longest is about 9 1/2". I have heard that some giant geckos are at least 12" but have no firsthand knowledge. My conclusion from the research I've done is that no one really knows that much about the genetics and anyone who says they are sure about it is probably wrong. If you're sure you have giants or supergiants then keep careful data and maybe you'll contribute to the amount of knowledge we have.

Aliza

perfect14614

I have no giant geckos. My longest is about 9 1/2". I have heard that some giant geckos are at least 12" but have no firsthand knowledge. My conclusion from the research I've done is that no one really knows that much about the genetics and anyone who says they are sure about it is probably wrong. If you're sure you have giants or supergiants then keep careful data and maybe you'll contribute to the amount of knowledge we have.

Aliza
OO ic, My longest is around 10". Ok, I curious cos here in my country alot people said that he/she have giant/super giant just because had gecko around 11"-12 1/5" with clear explanation about it. I'm curious they have experiment from breeding to get abnormal gecko growth. For me, if someday I get Gecko with unusual size then better I labeled it with big rather then super giant/giant that come from Ron Tremper. Except, I buy it from him with that labeled.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you buy a gecko from Ron Tremper and he says it's a giant then I think you can safely say you have a giant, or at least that you have a gecko that the original breeder of giants has produced and he says that it's a giant. I would guess that a gecko over 11" is likely a giant, but I'm no expert.

Aliza

perfect14614

Hi Aliza, thanks for your answer. Is Ron Tremper have sale gecko from online ? or do you have any contact for him so I can directly contact him to buy ?

Antonius

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can check leopard.com for the geckos he has for sale and you can contact him through that site. Note that his prices are on the high side. I imagine he has ways to sell outside of the US.

Aliza

perfect14614

You can check leopard.com for the geckos he has for sale and you can contact him through that site. Note that his prices are on the high side. I imagine he has ways to sell outside of the US.

Aliza
Hi Aliza thanks for you response. ok later I will check in leopard.com, oo ok he can send to outside US. It is good cos I'm in Asia. Can you give me reference for buying gecko super giant online with low price that can send to asia ? Thanks Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
As you can imagine, I have no idea who is shipping to Asia. Your best bet is to get in contact with other leopard gecko keepers in your country or region and see where they get their geckos from.

Aliza

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
Giants and Super Giants are a linebred trait. I have had long discussions for a very prominent that still breeds "Giants and Super Giants". In reality since the locales and sub species are so abundant you could honestly make a fresh line of so called Giants in roughly 5 years.

Visit our friends