Supplement questions

murphy2747

Beginner Leo Owner
Hi! I recently got a leopard gecko and I have a few things about supplements that I'm unsure of. I looked at some posts and one person said they dust their feeders every other feeding with calcium D3, one feeding a week with vitamin supplement, and keep a bowl of pure calcium in the tank. I already keep some pure calcium in the tank, but I was wondering if the other suggestions are good? If not, please tell me what to do instead or/and what you do.
Thanks!

Last edited:

rabidmoose

Hey, there's lots of different ways that people use to keep their gecko nourished. Personally I use Repashy SuperFoods Calcium plus and I coat my crickets every feeding. You can also coat with normal calcium 5 times a week and then calcium with D3 2 times a week, and a multivitamin 2 times a month. They need some vitamin A and other nutrients :) You'll get lots a different responses, but Repashy calcium plus gets good reviews from lots of sources, and has everything a Leopard gecko could need.

Dinosaur!

So you can either use the all in one supplement (plus the pure calcium in the bowl), or the method that you described before (I think thats my method you read btw!). Either way works perfectly fine in my experience, but I am a control freak with my geckos, and it gives me peace of mind to know exactly how much of each supplement they are recieving :) . The way I supplement has worked perfectly fine with my geckos for over six years, even on MBD rescues, hatchlings, and breeding females. You can't dispute the fact that my way works! :D But there are many ways to dust, and different brands, etc., and it is up to you to gather all of your information, find out your budget, and make an educated descision for your geckos health. It's really a trial and error to find what works for you personally. :)

murphy2747

Beginner Leo Owner
Thank-you for your answers! I was going to get the all in one supplement, but the pet store didn't have it. I will definitely try different ways to see which method works for my gecko and I.

Visit our friends