SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS, AND CALCIUM

Abcook810

Good morning all,

Im looking for some input regarding the above subject. Right now i'm using repashy calcium dust for crickets and that's all, i've read multiple info on multiple point of views. what is yalls input? i feed him about every other day changing between crickets (large 5-7) and super worms. I'm getting the impression after seeing him that he may be over weight. i'm still new at this as i've been an owner for approx 4 months. Can i please get some advise and direction to take as i don't want him/her to get sick on my behalf.

Thanks,
AC

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have been using Repashy Calcium plus exclusively since 2009, including through 9 breeding seasons and it's worked well. If he's an adult and looks pretty large (to the point where you're worried that he's overweight), you could probably feed him twice a week instead of every other day. I feed my geckos on Mondays and Thursdays and use the Repashy on Thursdays.

Aliza

Abcook810

Yeah I’m going to cut back his feeding maybe to 2-3 times a week. And the calcium dust isn’t to be done each time? He seems active and healthy for the most part, a little wide but everything else seems normal

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There has been concern recently that nocturnal leopard geckos are getting too much calcium and/or D3 which can cause symptoms similar to those of too little calcium.

Aliza

Visit our friends