SYR no longer available

RAlbrecht

Gecko Medic
I really don't think the issue is with shipping Geckos or other small non-snake reptiles. But a lot of people are afraid of snakes, and a handful of people in the reptile world don't ship properly. I think if any type of agreement was made with UPS and either reptile shipping company started back up, the consumer should be held a little more responsible to hold up a "Shipping Standard". I mean think about it, to ship via FED-EX you have to have a account and be certified by sending a test package. But for SYR and RE theres really not a whole lot you need in-order to ship through either company. If people were held more accountable for the actions they take or don't take while shipping a live animal, then I think the shipping companies would be more opt to shipping reptiles. Personally I'm working on a business account for both FED-EX and UPS.

Maybe with all these changes the Reptile Shows will start picking up more, I'm all for that because it would be nice to go to a show and see anything and everything under one roof again, shows seem to be dying due to the ease of getting online viewing a site, sending a email and then sending a payment.

Just my 2 cents, wish there could be some balance

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
This sucks since I have approx 7 sales that shipping was figured out prior to this. I just paid for two and they were $62.46 and $72.33. Each were about $10 more than SYR quoted.:( So I'm going to lose out on about $10 per sale. It wouldn't be so bad, but some sales were only $45-$55.:(

goReptiles

I saw where they are just temporarily unavailable. UPS did not cancel the contract. This is all rumor. Give it time.

Visit our friends