The Cinnamon Project

latshki

Breeder in the making
when i got my fatties they were very dark like yours but when I bred them they lightened up and the female turned a nice red color

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Some do that, we get alot in at work. The color on this girl is just strange. She and her sire, came in as "specials", which means that the importers in Africa hand pick them as something different, we get in dark individuals and such, but these are not a darker shade of the normal AFT coloration, they are a different color all together, well at least the female is. The sire isn't all that great!

PaulReilly

I too have seen thousands of WC fattails and Cb Fattails, but yours and mine look identical. I see no grey on your animals at all, maybe its the pic. But it is possible to have a trait that is hard to see, look at fire ballpythons or yellowbellies. But my point is one has to becareful to not call something a trait unless you have not proven yet.

Got to agree...some of my girls look just like that minus the stripe.

I checked out the Shenandoah website, and it looks like there is 5 or 6 "projects" that look like normals to me. Maybe my eyes are getting bad in my old age...? I don't claim to be an expert on anything, and I definitely am not trying to shit in anyone's cheerios, I guess I am just missing something here.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
UPDATE: I have hatched out 4 eggs from this project, all the babies are a darker color but we will have to wait until they brighten up a bit. Both the male and female looks distinctively different from each other now. The male is very dark, and looks near patternless, and is a very muddy animal, but has very bright eyes. The female has turned very slate colored, sort of a grey and pink almost (like a coral ghost cornsnake), with deep red bands. Very interesting to see what happens with the F2s next season. I plan on breeding F1s to the sire, dame and sibling. I agree I shouldn't have called it a morph before it is proven and until it is proven, they are all normals. We'll see what happens next season!!!!!!! I'll post some pics tonight while I'm feeding the "clan".

Visit our friends