The Leo's say Hey and... some help identify morphs

Weiand

As of right now, I've four Leo's.
Damien & Chaos I got 8-24-18. They were both quite small so very young.
Thor I got 8-7-19. A bit bigger than they were when brought home.
Lucifer I got today, 5-23-20. Just a bit bigger than the first two were when brought home.

Chaos would like to say, "Hey!! I'm Chaos. I like to make a big big mess in the calcium powder as soon as it is put in. I get in the dish, throw it around and say weeeee weeeeeee and make a real big mess"

They all live together in a 29 gallon tank with a half split level for their walking enjoyment, ya know, that is, when they are not being lazy and just laying around sleeping. I put a small dish in their "poop" corner, which they gladly use, making it just that much easier for me to clean.

Our home...
z Tank 02.JPG

Now.. US!!! We like to show off and be looked at. Does NOT however mean that we are going to move much, unless we feel like it. Chaos would like to add that Thor sometimes stands on his head, but, it's just far too much effort to move so is not being stood on.

As far as being able to identify them, I've just been searching pictures / names / etc. Got them at box stores so they had no info on them.

(Pretty much all the pictures were taken through the "plastic" critter keepers or through the glass in the tank, so doesn't turn out as well as wanted.
Still working on a better "picture" area to get more to exact colour / shade.)

When I first brought Damien and Chaos home, they looked like this.

Chaos is at the top, Damien on the bottom.

A Chaos Damien Young 01.JPG
Chaos Young.
Chaos Y 01.JPG
Now, Chaos looks like this, plus a shot of his eyes.
Chaos 02.JPG
Chaos 03 Eyes.JPG

Hit wrong button and posted when wanting to attach.... *sighs*

Damien when young

Damien Y 01.JPG

Now, very very different.
Damien 01.JPG
Damien 02.JPG

Thor when young seemed like a Baldy...

Thor Y 02.JPG

But now, is very very different.

Thor 01.JPG
Thor 03 Eyes.JPG

Lucifer today, when brought home
Lucifer Y 01.JPG

Lucifer Y 04 Eyes.JPG
Lucifer Y 07.JPG

So now for the identify part...

Oh, I say "he", but in all reality, I've no clue if male or female on any of them.

Chaos is a much brighter yellow than the pictures show. But I don't "think" is a High Yellow. He has quite the snake eyes going.

Damien pretty much lost all markings as he got older. He is now a pink-ish light gold colour. There is faint hints of marking when looking very close. Seems to have a bit wider of a snake eyes going.

Thor very much seemed a Baldy when young, but has now since gotten a few spots on his head. The brown on him has lightened up a bit as well. Snake eyes but seem a bit darker.

Lucifer... When the light hits him right, has quite the purple hue to him. As can see, just riddled with the tini black spots, white belly. Above his eyes is almost a green tint. Solid black eyes.
All the pictures I've seen for him speak of like snow or super snow or blizzard. I'm "guessing his pattern / colour will change once older as the other three did.

Not having the info from when they were bred I know makes it that much more difficult to identify. Would just love to know what they are, or at least close to what they are. Down the line, if can figure out the sex of them, the option of creating beautiful morph's could be there.

Damien and Chaos have lived in their home from day one. Chaos was a bit of a bully to start with, but then mellowed out and life was good.
When Thor was brought home, He seemed to think everything was "food". A rock, the dish, my finger, the glass, Damien, Chaos, the truck... He ran around and bit everything. He has since mellowed out and just lays around as the other two do.

Lucifer, just being brought home today is just looking around, hiding, etc. to start with.

Any info or points to maybe be able to identify is greatly appriecitated.

Chaos would like to add. "Thank you for visiting our home. Leave the calcium powder alone! That is mine to play with."

Last edited:

Weiand

A few hours later, Lucifer is now in the humid hide with Chaos, using Chaos as a pillow. Seems the 3 are already having their "lazy" rub off on the youngster.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Chaos: High yellow (i.e. too many spots to be hypo but few enough spots so the yellow shows up). I honestly don't see snake eyes.
Damien: probably Murphy's patternless. They start out yellow with a beige pattern and then the pattern fades and they end up with no markings at all
Thor: Hypo (10 or fewer spots) tangerine (orange colored) carrot tail sort of (technically the black spots at the base make it not carrot tail)
Lucifer: definitely super snow; markings have now stabilized. They hatch silvery colored and then get the black spots on white background.

Something to note: it's generally a good idea to quarantine a new gecko from the others for at least a month to insure that no one has anything contagious. If that's a 20 gallon long tank, it's a bit marginal for 4 geckos, though the second story (which I have in many of my cages as well) is helpful.

Aliza

Weiand

That gave me much more insight than I had.

I was thinking Chaos was a high yellow or bright yellow, which ever I had read about / seen.
So just regular eyes on him then?

I don't think I found anything on Murphy's patternless. I'll look those up and find some pictures. WAY more that I knew what was going on with it.

Tangerine Hypo then?

Super Snow is what I was thinking big time. After get this all posted started poking around more and saw more pictures of the super snow and mack snow. It will just be a waiting game now to see how much of what fades as that one gets older.

Thanks for the info. I just like knowing "what" they are instead of calling them the wrong type.

Tank is a 29 gallon 30 x 12 x 18
They're all pretty lazy. Wander to the poop area, look around a bit, eat some then go an lay back down in the same area and be lazy.
Now and then they do wake up and walk around some and look around, but it doesn't last long until it's "nap" time again.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Glad to be helpful. I don't think the super snow is going to change. It looks to be in its final form.

Aliza

Weiand

Would be great to stay that way. Just looks amazing. The other 3 made rather drastic changes. Still like how they look, just such a drastic change.
They all have their own personality which I love.

Visit our friends