The start

jxl22

Very interesting. I subscribed to this thread. Looking forward to more videos. Really interested in how to get started in breeding, and what the honest monetary details are. Is becoming a breeder going to be profitable? Not just trying to make a bunch of money just curiois before I start making a long term plan on how when and if id like to do this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

LepoInc

It'd take YEARS to make a profit. I mean, sometimes you can break even but profit in the first few years are slim to none

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'

Matters how you do it. I can actually break it down. But I am in the Black this year. But again I have done this before. I am just coming back.

You can open a market and some will make money while others dont. It is not the market it is who is running the market that is the reason for the win or the lose.

But I will be taking you through my ride. I have done it before. Another video is posted.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
From what I've heard, even if you do end up in the black (I don't, but I'm not too far in the red) if you calculate your hourly wage based on how much time you put in , it's pitiful. Is that true for you, Gary?

Aliza

No because I love doing it. I love working with animals.

But if you did break it down to wage an hour this year I would not do well. See I think of it like this. Some people like spending hours online... I like spending hours with my animals. So one persons "work" is anothers fun or down time

I think this way. I do not like working with food so I never would open a business with food. I do not like building houses so I could not do that.

What you have to find is something you love to be your "job" and when you love it then it is not work.

Dont get me wrong it takes a lot to care for large collections. I just love doing it. I honestly love taking care of my animals.

jxl22

From your first video you said yoid explain how to transition from hobby to industry. When you end up getting to that section could you elaborate on startup costs, what steps need to be taken , etc.

Right now its just a hobby for me. But I would like to get a game plan on how to work with reptiles. The genetics and working with/experimenting the morphs seems very intruiging to me. With so many options the possibilities are endless.

Thanks, john

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Visit our friends