The Tangelo!

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Golden Gate Geckos said:
I am growing weary of egos and 'new' morphs...

DITTO!

Another new name for an existing morph. How much more LAME will it get? I feel like puking right now
.:sick:

R

RoseT

sorry guys there is a line for the bathroom to puke over this whole thing..BLAH

LeosForLess

The best part.... ITS CO DOM!!! i hop esombody buys a super tangelo and breeds it to a normal albino and hatches out albino.

I

Intense Herpetoculture

You may be wrong here. Let's just say it is Co-dom. Breeding it to a normal albino might only hatch out regular albinos. It may be co-dom with certain traits but recessive to others, totally hiding the gene. Take flowers for instance. If you cross a red thornless rose with a white thornless rose you may get red, white, and pink blooms, showing it is a co-dom trait. Now lets take that same strain of rose, except the red rose has thorns. This will produce only red thorned blooms, the white gene is now recessive. You can only produce white and pink blooms in the second generation. The same thing also happens in leopard geckos. Same reason why you can breed a stripe to a jungle to a stripe and get jungles. Or a stripe to a reverse stripe and get stripes.

LeosForLess said:
The best part.... ITS CO DOM!!! i hop esombody buys a super tangelo and breeds it to a normal albino and hatches out albino.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Intense Herpetoculture

Why I don't know much about this morph, and it likely just a APTOR without the reverse stripe genes. It is his morph he took the time to produce. More to say them most people who don't have the vison to create anything other then already exists.

I

Intense Herpetoculture

I agree, they look the same. I think the only difference is he used his tangerine line (founder male obtained from Gourmet in 1995?), and this morph does not contain the Hine hypo line.

KelliH said:
They look just like SHT Albinos to me.

P

Powergeckos

I don't see what the fuss is about. He's out in front with this stuff - he he wants to name them, let him.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Same thing as a "Super Tang":p

He did actually claim the hypo involved in the "ST", was genetic also.

Only thing different is the name, and well they DO look more colorful.

Im holding out for a "Texas Tornado" myself. LOL

Last edited:
L

leo mel

ok well i'm confused does anyone have any pics of tangelo hatchlings because i bred my tangelo to tangelo (male and female ) brought at the same time from the RT and have eagerily been waiting for first hatch and got a baby girl today which doesn't look like a tangelo, not even a albino as it has dark eyes, therfore tangelo to tangelo does not produce tangelos.eggs are labelled correct and tangelos only ever been kept together.

Sandra

Welcome to the forums, leo mel :)

Ron Tremper is known for incubating her eggs at high temperatures which gives you brighter colors in the offspring. If you incubated the eggs at low temperatures, it's normal that you got dark brown hatchlings even if the parents were bright. Supposedly you shouldn't get any normals from an albino x albino pairing.

Could you show us a pic of the baby?

L

leo mel

hi yes i will post some pics up however my understanding is tangelos are virtually tangerine albinos and therfore was expecting tangelo babys or atleast something albino but both eggs have hatched and do not have albino eyes or look like tangelos at all.
The next strange thing is we brought them as sub adults however my hubby said from the start that he suspected one to be a ex breeder and so far she has laid far more than we would expect for a first time all mum. I will post a picture up this afternoon on the two hatchlings as well as pics of the mum and dad and will ask hubby to confirm for me how many times she has laid so far. if the babies are not tangelos then either tangelos do not produce only tangelos or we have a ex breeder that has retained sperm from something else.
geckos were brought in dec.

L

leo mel

here is a pic of the parents
157_5778.jpg

here is a pic of the babies from these two

157_5781.jpg

this is the other baby both were incubated for female at 26c

157_5784.jpg

this is a pic of the hatchlings eye and below that a pic of the adults is this correct are my babies tangelos or something else???

157_5783.jpg

157_5780.jpg

thanx in advance
mel x

L

leo mel

ps. as for eggs laid from a trio (1 male and 2 females) we have had so far 20 eggs and are expecting more from what i can see in the above female

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Wow that's like 79F right? That's pretty low. We get dark Trempers even at 82. Those are pretty crazy looking babies! You definitely need to raise your temperatures if you want them to look pretty like the parents.

Visit our friends