Thermostats

clegault

Ive noticed alot of you say you use a thermostat to control your tanks temperature but what do you hook it up to? The heat pads? If so where do I go to get one and how do i set it up to it? Up until recently my tank temps have been relatively stable but one of my tanks im having a difficult time regulating the hot side and just have been adding a layer or removing a layer of papertowel/slate (depending on the tank as these are my substrates) but if theres an easier and more effective way im very willing to try it!

suz830

I just hooked mine up last night... I was using paper towels too...

I got one for ~30$ on lllreptile
there are more expensive ones that are digital where you set the temp... the cheaper ones just have a dial like low medium high....

I got the zoomed 500 or something like that

You plug the heat pad into the thermometer and then that plugs into the wall... there is then a probe that you put in the cage... I also put a thermometer probe next to it because this only regulates the temp at high, medium or low, which means you can set it at high medium or low but you wouldnt know what temp it was unless you have a separate thermometer probe that gives you the temp next to it.

So Once my thermometer probe said it was around 95 I knew the setting I had on the new thermostat was correct... I have mine at about med-low

this is how mine worked... it was very simple
you may get one that is a little different
This is a cheaper one... of course a more expensive one would be nicer and work better but I dont have money like that to spend ie 200 dollars

I have found that lllreptile usually has the best prices on most products

Last edited:

Visit our friends