THIS GECKO CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED

Dolino

Help!

Haha so basically I bought a male from a local shop the other day.
puzzled and wondered but to no avail.
couldn’t guess what he is.
Same thing on Reddit.

I’m in search of some true genius here.
What could he be?

Attachments

• 8725CB0B-47FC-47B8-BFF5-A7F464D79316.jpeg
    8725CB0B-47FC-47B8-BFF5-A7F464D79316.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 4A1C5BCB-581E-408D-96D0-D51AB9C118C5.jpeg
    4A1C5BCB-581E-408D-96D0-D51AB9C118C5.jpeg
    982.4 KB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In all honesty, it doesn't take much genius, just experience. The gecko is an albino due to the lack of black pigmentation (the darker markings are beige, not black). The reason it has blotchy beige patches instead of distinct spots is that it has the stripe gene. This causes the side-to-side bands that most leopard geckos are born with to be broken up. When the bands are broken up and each part of the band is connected by pigmentation to the band above it, you end up with a vertical instead of a horizontal stripe pattern. This gecko's body doesn't exactly have the vertical stripe, it's more of a patchy camouflage pattern which is typically called "Jungle". The tail has the vertical pattern. So you could call the gecko either "jungle" or "stripe". The gecko has a nice orange coloration so you can add "tangerine" to the description. The beige markings are fading, so you could say it's a "hypo stripe". There is nice orange coloration on the tail so you could call it a carrot tail. There is no way to know which of the 3 albino strains (Tremper, Bell, Rainwater/Las Vegas) this gecko is.
To summarize: tangerine hypo-stripe albino carrot tail.

Aliza

Dolino

Incredible!

wasn't expecting such an in depth and comprehensive response.
thank you so much :)
I’ll look into all the morphs you mentioned.
You’ve made me quite the happy owner

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
check out leopardgeckowiki.com to get some pictures of the morphs. It hasn't been updated in awhile, I suspect, but the info is good.

Aliza

Visit our friends