...thought she was a mack eclipse at first...not eclipse, but mack?

tangerineman

LizardThing Geckos
she looked like she had eclipse eyes, and not any yellow at hatching but
..don't think she is mack now....but still a cutie.
i'll have some new mack eclipse photos soon, I hatched 3 last week, I don't want to disturb them for photos yet...

I should know after this long and this many macks, but there's been a few cases where the non-dark striped area pigmented in a bit early on.
the eyes DO look like that steely mack eye, the dark grey, like i said, I thought it was a mack eclipse at birth...

I never shoot with flash, and these two w/flash (dark room/dark day)
make the color show up even more.

...and this is from reverse stripe het eclipse crossed with mack het raptor,
I've gotten a variety of tones and stripes from these two parents...both excellent breeders...just sitting on the fence with this one...

thanks for looking, tell me what you think, mack or not?
-Duane
Library-0018.jpg

Library-0027.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would tend to agree that the yellow disqualifies it as a Mack, if that's a picture from soon after hatching. None of my Macks has ever had any yellow on hatching, though they sure have yellowed up since.

ALiza

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
BABIES, Ahhhhhh YES.

I would tend to agree that the yellow disqualifies it as a Mack, if that's a picture from soon after hatching. None of my Macks has ever had any yellow on hatching, though they sure have yellowed up since.

ALiza

I'm no authority,
but my MS hatches have seem to go yellow later as Aliza
as stated.
Nice stripe!
Take care. HJ

tangerineman

LizardThing Geckos
thanks

yeah, i agree, i have some macks , especially from eclipse crosses that get color as they get older,
this pic was not after hatching it was at 1 week old, or so,

this doesn't happen often, i will assume it is NOT mack, for all purposes until i get to the point where i am test breeding or letting it go,
thanks everyone for the feedback.

D

N

Nigel4less

ALiza

Plenty of Mack Eclipses yellow out as they get closer to adult hood.

Visit our friends