Tiny Leopard gecko won't fatten up.

Bananafish13

Hi I'm new on here and I'm looking for help with one of my little friends. I have two leopard geckos both around two years old one is super healthy with a big ole tail while my other is extremely small. I've read a lot on bullying and that isn't the case both coexist in peace and will eat together with no drama. They are both female and other than during ovulation the small one eats normally. I bought her from a petco which in hindsight was probably a mistake. When I purchased her she was very small like pinky length small with missing toes. I got her a couple months after my other leo because I was told it would help them adjust better. Now after two years she's half the size of the other and so frail looking. I've given them a variety diet with calcium and I've even been feeding her a paste supplement that's supposed to help with eating and weight gain. I don't use sand or other substrates. They have paper towel flooring that I replace regularly with multiple hides on both cool and warm sides a uvb bulb runs during the day and I have heating pads keeping the tank at proper temps. Still she doesn't grow and she never can get the shed off her toes so I have to help. I've got a moist hide for her but it doesn't seem to help. There aren't any exotic vets or reptile specific vets near me. Though she doesn't act any different than my other leo I still worry and wonder if anyone could tell me what the issue could be or what I can do to better her life. Sorry for the long post and thank you

Samcman

Maybe you should try a food diet with more fatty foods like super worms and wax worms(of course do not feed it as a full meal of just super fatty foods

Visit our friends