Tips on finding lost gecko

mtnsurfr

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO FIND A GECKO THAT'S LOST IN THE HOUSE?

My leopard gecko has gotten out and is somewhere in the house. I believe I've searched everywhere he could go, but can't find him. I've turned up the heat to try and keep him active, but don't know what else I can do. He's been missing overnight.
Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are some articles that may help:

Aliza

mtnsurfr

Here are some articles that may help:

Aliza
Thank you very much Aliza. I'm especially encouraged by the article about a leopard gecko in New England. My big concern has been that the house isn't warm enough for this guy (Colorado in the winter).

mtnsurfr

To those of you following this thread....
I have read the articles Aliza was kind enough to offer, as well as a few others I have found.

Besides a lot of looking and not finding him, I have set up a spot to attract him.
This includes his water dish, hide and a few other articles from his normal enclosure on the open floor with a heat lamp above. I've also included a screen container containing crickets. He'll be able to hear and see them, but not eat them.
2022-01-26 08.26.28-a.jpg
I have surrounded the area with a light layer of baking soda so I can look for tracks. I've also spread baking soda in a few key areas around the house (it's all hardwood floor). I am also going to set up a couple security cameras.
I'm still concerned he hasn't survived the first night with temperatures in the low 60's F, but I set at 75 F after that first night. I'll keep checking the cameras and look for tracks every night and morning.

Thanks,
Mike

Visit our friends