too soon

thegeckoguy23

It was too soon Last night i made plains too sell this gecko that had no eyes that i hatched. And today it died drownded its self in a shallow bath it was now even close to how tall it was some how this happend...

LzzrdBoy

The Reverend LzzrdBoy
It could also be possible that he simply passed while at the dish, instead of actually drowning. I like this idea better.

robin

if it had no eyelids you should have culled it vs. letting it like. the quality of life for that one must have been horrible. sometimes it seems nature does what some of us can not

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
No eyes or no eyelids? Either way, I agree with Robin. It's absolutely unethical to keep an animal like that alive, much less SELL it to someone else. That's just wrong, to me. I'm sorry the poor animal was born like that, but I personally would have put it to sleep.

Daylight_Thieves

Leopard Gecko Addict!
Even though OTHERS *glare at opposing posts* do not seem to get the fact that this thread is in her memory- and therefore no longer alive and in need of culling- I do feel sorry her because she had a chance to live and it had to end too soon for her.

thegeckoguy23

Every body I don't want to make this a hateful thread or a argument... And that means you BrilliantEraser.

Jake

FYI It was functioning right and everything and it had intrest in food and everything.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
FYI It was functioning right and everything and it had intrest in food and everything.

A gecko with no eyes is NOT functioning correctly. Leopard geckos hunt via sight, and without eyes they can't feed themselves. That is not correct, and imo rather cruel to allow an animal like that to live.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Every body I don't want to make this a hateful thread or a argument... And that means you BrilliantEraser.

I have not seen any hateful or out of line responses in this thread. If you want to take on the fun of breeding, you are also ethically obligated to take on the responsibility with it which includes culling weak and deformed hatchlings. I am also curious to know if this hatchling was from your eggs that were constantly being moved in and out of the incubator, the associated temperature fluctuations could easily be related to it's improper development.

prettyinpink

I have not seen any hateful or out of line responses in this thread. If you want to take on the fun of breeding, you are also ethically obligated to take on the responsibility with it which includes culling weak and deformed hatchlings. I am also curious to know if this hatchling was from your eggs that were constantly being moved in and out of the incubator, the associated temperature fluctuations could easily be related to it's improper development.

I'm sorry about your hatchling. It couldn't of been easy :( But like Robin said...
---
I have to agree with Tony here, he's more strict then I am but I actually agree with him here :p. I didn't see anyone being rude to you, they were just surprised that you'd let it suffer. I only saw one comment that may've been a bit 'rude'.

As much as it may hurt...and I am one of them that hasn't bred yet for this reason, I don't agree with the end result... To let the poor thing suffer.

And even though it's a different topic I also didn't agree with your incubator, I forgot that's the same person. Could this have caused it?

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
If it was indeed one of the clutches from that thread, then yes. The temperature fluctuation almost definitely caused the deformity. I'm going to pull up my quote from that thread, just for reference:

I would go with what EG is saying. Trust them -- they've been doing this a while!

And in my personal experience, any sort of temperature fluctuation over 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit can cause physical deformities such as notched or missing eyelids. Something I personally wouldn't want to take a chance with.

I am still waiting on a response as to my question. I am not being hateful or rude here, merely inquisitive.

thegeckoguy23

If it was indeed one of the clutches from that thread, then yes. The temperature fluctuation almost definitely caused the deformity. I'm going to pull up my quote from that thread, just for reference:

I am still waiting on a response as to my question. I am not being hateful or rude here, merely inquisitive.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but could you PM me if you have something to say to me like that like its perfectly fine id just rather have this thread not keep coming back into the new post section where there gets to be more of this type of stuff.

Visit our friends