two geckos staying in the same hide?

via

basically, i got two geckos a few days ago. they didnt tell me the age but they look to be about a few months old. they came from petco, where they usually have 1 hide and about 4 leos each tank. i decided to take two geckos, i have a 40 gallon tank. im unsure of the gender but as of right now i have one hide because i didnt know i was going to be getting two until the day of buying them. ill be buying more stuff for the tank on Christmas but they've been staying in the hide together and sort of cuddling for the past few days, kind of side to side not completely on top of eachother. but i was wondering if thats okay for them to be doing since they seem to be getting along together so far, and a lot people say that usually this is a sign that either 1, the hide is not big enough or 2, there isnt enough hides and theyre fighting over space. is it okay to have one hide just for a few weeks temporarily?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
As long as both are eating and no one is getting scratched or bitten, it's probably OK. I have small groups of geckos in enclosures where there's at least 1 hide for each and sometimes they end up together. I just watch carefully to make sure that one isn't constantly sitting on the other or keeping the other from eating. Watch them carefully and be prepared to set up a second enclosure if you end up with any combination that's not 2 females.

Aliza

Visit our friends