JadedGeckos

118351588_4577700535603801_1168542034450958155_n.jpg 118335206_2649350171998563_7899383649502518063_n.jpg

Finally got my two new cuties home after a 11 hr car ride...

left picture is Terra ( for terrorist cus she is mad with food) a Tremper albino, Het eclipse

Right picture is Mellow ( cus he is so chill and laidback with handling ) his morph is Raptor

I hope i can breed them later next year and get some more Raptor morphs.

they had a small problem in the car ride where they threw up thier food so if this happen to anyone aswell dont panic its normal for animals to do that.

i left them a day alone in the tanks to let them settle down and for the female to shed since she started to shed the day i got her. and as you can see she shed 100% without problems

the next day i got around 7-8 crickets and tried to feed them, and suprisingly they ate ( normally it can take a few days for leos to eat at a new place )
thats how i found out how Terra the Female was so food driven and that she likes to lock onto my hand more than the feeding tongs... abit scary shen she gets big eyes and she is looking at my fingers..

the male is less food driven and only ate a few crickets but thats fine the sign that he could eat was very good and promesing that he is starting to warmup to his new home.

Terra the female is more brave when it comes to laying and basking after eating while the male Mellow loves to stay in the colder hide even tho the have the same temp in the warm side. But thats fine i just place him on the hot side after he has eaten for abit to get the digestion going, he stays for a while then goes back to the colder hide.

thats what ive gathered from the two so far since it has just been 2 days with these new cuties! its gonna be so much fun seeing how they open up and thier personalities.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congrats! Nice looking geckos. My oldest leopard gecko, Eragon, is a 16 1/2 year old Tremper albino. It turns out he's also het for eclipse which is interesting because he hatched before people knew about eclipse. He fathered offspring for every year of the 13 years I was breeding.

Aliza

JadedGeckos

Congrats! Nice looking geckos. My oldest leopard gecko, Eragon, is a 16 1/2 year old Tremper albino. It turns out he's also het for eclipse which is interesting because he hatched before people knew about eclipse. He fathered offspring for every year of the 13 years I was breeding.

Aliza

ooh thats awesome! i got a question about breeding or well after they have hatched when would you say is a good time to sell the geckos you arent gonna keep? after a few months?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When I was breeding I generally sold my hatchlings once they reached 15 grams. The only exception was a few times when there was a show coming up and I would have a hatchling that was more like 8 or 10 grams but eating like a pig. So it's more a question of weight than age.

Aliza

Visit our friends