Under tank heater recs??

juleszuckerberg

My zoo med undertank heater finally stopped working after a few years. I've heard good things about the iPower but wanted to hear your suggestions! This would be for a 20 gal. tank.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't have experience with a lot of different heaters. When possible I prefer the ZooMed heat cable because you can tape it on and then, if you need a different enclosure, pull it off and tape it somewhere else. Once you pull the adhesive mats off, they aren't supposed to be able to be reinstalled.

Aliza

The lizards

My zoo med undertank heater finally stopped working after a few years. I've heard good things about the iPower but wanted to hear your suggestions! This would be for a 20 gal. tank.
I used ipower when I first got my leos. It worked great! I had it for about a year and it didn't break. I ended up selling it with my old tank and upgraded to a new one. (Although I kept the thermostat). It never broke for me!

Sasha2

I prefer Ultratherms myself. I have had them for years and years without any problems. And they tend not to get as hot when unregulated, so if your thermostat dies it wont kill your animal.

Visit our friends