Underweight gecko

Midnakronos

Hi there, I write this very nervously. I have a male gecko named Xero ('zero') and I have just began wieghing him. Slightly upset to find he is only 18 grammes, when I am told he should be around 25 grammes. He is around a year and a few months old (I bought him in October and I believe he was 2-4 months old when I got him).

His diet is crickets, worms or locusts twice a week dusted alternating with calcium dust and netrobal, repashy crested gecko complete feed with the occasional jelly pot.

Can someone please tell me if I am correct and what I can do to help fix this?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They grow at different rates. If you're feeding him and he's eating, there's nothing much you can do. If he's active and pooping, that's good. He may just end up being small. It's great that he's eating bugs because that's a really good supplement to the CGD.

Aliza

Midnakronos

They grow at different rates. If you're feeding him and he's eating, there's nothing much you can do. If he's active and pooping, that's good. He may just end up being small. It's great that he's eating bugs because that's a really good supplement to the CGD.

Aliza
Okay, I'll keep an eye on him! He seems pretty good. Would hydration maybe have something to do with it? Having a serious issue with hydrometers atm

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think the hydration has anything to do with it. See my response to your hydrometer thread,

Aliza

Visit our friends