Unknown Sac In My Leopard Geckos Tank! Please Help!

amag97

Hi I am new here and I wanted others advice and help on my leopard gecko. I owned my leopard gecko for about 3 years now and I have always thought it was a male until recently. About 2 weeks ago my leopard gecko refused to eat. It wouldnt take my gut loaded meal worms so i brought out the wax worms cause it would usually ate those instantly but it refused that also so I figured it was about to shed. I kept an eye on it till the leopard gecko did in fact shed but it wasnt a good shed at all and it had a hard time getting the old shed off its hands/feet/claws(?) So I got the sink started, and had warm water for it to soak in. I helped my leopard gecko get the old shed off then let it soak in the water for about maybe 5-6 minutes. I took it back and put it in its tank and it seemed completely fine so far. I let it rest over night and I woke up to one of these sacs in its tank! I have no idea what this is and the sac started to shrivel up so I pulled it out, poked a hole in it with a small needle and cloudy goo substance came out. After it had laid the sac though it was alert and wanted to eat so it had about 10 mealworms and 1 wax worm. I watched for it to poop and when it did it was completely normal.

Now that was 2 weeks ago.

Now I woke up this morning and saw that it laid another sac but this one was a bit smaller than the first. Can anyone tell me if they had any experiences like me with this and if so can you please help me?? My leopard gecko is fully alert and is exploring its tank constantly so to me it doesnt seem like its sick or at least its not acting sickly.

IMG-1424.JPG IMG-1425.JPG

AndyBunn

Hi I am new here and I wanted others advice and help on my leopard gecko. I owned my leopard gecko for about 3 years now and I have always thought it was a male until recently. About 2 weeks ago my leopard gecko refused to eat. It wouldnt take my gut loaded meal worms so i brought out the wax worms cause it would usually ate those instantly but it refused that also so I figured it was about to shed. I kept an eye on it till the leopard gecko did in fact shed but it wasnt a good shed at all and it had a hard time getting the old shed off its hands/feet/claws(?) So I got the sink started, and had warm water for it to soak in. I helped my leopard gecko get the old shed off then let it soak in the water for about maybe 5-6 minutes. I took it back and put it in its tank and it seemed completely fine so far. I let it rest over night and I woke up to one of these sacs in its tank! I have no idea what this is and the sac started to shrivel up so I pulled it out, poked a hole in it with a small needle and cloudy goo substance came out. After it had laid the sac though it was alert and wanted to eat so it had about 10 mealworms and 1 wax worm. I watched for it to poop and when it did it was completely normal.

Now that was 2 weeks ago.

Now I woke up this morning and saw that it laid another sac but this one was a bit smaller than the first. Can anyone tell me if they had any experiences like me with this and if so can you please help me?? My leopard gecko is fully alert and is exploring its tank constantly so to me it doesnt seem like its sick or at least its not acting sickly.

View attachment 78982 View attachment 78983
Hi they are unfertalised eggs. Geckos lay clutches of two. You should take thrm out of your enclosure. There's a section here on breeding that you should read.

Hope this helps you

Visit our friends