**UPDATE** Gecko better but having trouble eating

Hipster

Hi again.
Thanks to everyone for the help on my last post about the OMNIVORE vs CARNIVORE medication. I have been feeding him the carnivore stuff for about 3 weeks now and he has been gaining weight and been much more active. His colors are much more vibrant now and he has had 1 shed. His poops have not been solid i suspect it is the food.
He has become VERY interested in solids again but is having a hard time snatching the worms up. He was doing this a while back when he became ill until he decided to just lose interest completely. He runs up to the worm and takes little snaps to try and snatch it up. i haven't seen him succeed yet without me helping by putting it in the tongs and helping. This strategy is also very unsuccessful but i have had him eat a few so far.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this in a leo before?
Is there another way i could help feed him?
Any advice on this issue that could help me understand why he is having such a hard time snatching them up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again you guys are lifesavers!

indyana

Does his jaw look to be jutting out or swollen? If he has been calcium deficient, it may be weak and soft.

You can try pre-crushing feeders for him if that is the case and keep up extra calcium and D3 supplementation.

A lot of mine are just bad hunters unless they are very hungry, but he may be having extra trouble with his coordination due to being ill.

Visit our friends