Upgrade my current enclosure

madisondouglas

So I've had my leopard gecko for almost 2 years now and I've always had the same size enclosure since I got him because I just don't have the money to spend on a bigger one (I would like to upgrade him, though...). It's a 20-gallon aquarium. Recently I've been noticing him glass surfing so I took the time to save up and redecorate his enclosure to give him more options. It looks really nice now, but I'm not too sure he's glass surfing because he's bored or stressed. Rather, I think he wants to climb.

(the lack of plants is because I bought new ones and as I'm writing this they are hang drying from being washed)
I have a picture below of the new & improved enclosure - are there any recommendations that would work for a 20-gallon aquarium so I can give him some height? I would like to do this first and see if/how his behavior changes. If even after I've given him some things to climb on he's still glass surfing, then I'll try something else.

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 10.07.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 10.07.11 AM.png
    4 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They sell these green mesh hammocks that attach with suction cups. Your gecko could probably climb up on the humid hide and get onto the hammock.

Aliza

Visit our friends