URGENT HELP

leopardgeckonewbie

so i have a leopard gecko and i tried getting him something for heat control as the heat matt got his heat spot to be up to 120 degrees!!!! insane. so i bought one and it dropped it abt 3-6 degrees under 90, which is a major problem. he ended up getting constipated and i got rly worried so i took it out and just plugged the heat matt in hoping it would just be a lil toasty and he would just go in his other hides. not the case. instead it is still a degree-3 off!!! too cold!!!! i m very worried and idk what to do so i ended up raising the tank with old legos just in the corners in case the wire was pinched and i put on his night bulb 24/7. just did that this morning. i just fear he wont be able to thermoregulate and be able to digest his food and will die. so bought another one of the heat controls but it hasnt arrived yet i will make sure hes ok before i put it in. what should i do?????? i have the heat matt directly under his hot hide

leopardgeckonewbie

so i have a leopard gecko and i tried getting him something for heat control as the heat matt got his heat spot to be up to 120 degrees!!!! insane. so i bought one and it dropped it abt 3-6 degrees under 90, which is a major problem. he ended up getting constipated and i got rly worried so i took it out and just plugged the heat matt in hoping it would just be a lil toasty and he would just go in his other hides. not the case. instead it is still a degree-3 off!!! too cold!!!! i m very worried and idk what to do so i ended up raising the tank with old legos just in the corners in case the wire was pinched and i put on his night bulb 24/7. just did that this morning. i just fear he wont be able to thermoregulate and be able to digest his food and will die. so bought another one of the heat controls but it hasnt arrived yet i will make sure hes ok before i put it in. what should i do?????? i have the heat matt directly under his hot hide
update i changed the papertowel substrate back to the matt i previously had and no its back to 110 plus so he is now in the corner out of his hide sleeping haha. i got a refund on the other heat thermometer so i hope the other one works correctly

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Hopefully your next thermostat will work. These geckos are very hardy and even though they do best in ideal conditions, they can do reasonably well in less than ideal conditions, especially if they are improved in a decent amount of time.
What I don't understand about your thermostat that didn't work is that you're supposed to be able to set it for a range of temperatures. Do you mean that when you turned it up as high as possible it still didn't get over 84-87 (which is a tiny bit low but not unreasonable)? It seems to me that if you turned it up all the way it's like not having it at all and it should have gone back up to 110.

Aliza

leopardgeckonewbie

Hopefully your next thermostat will work. These geckos are very hardy and even though they do best in ideal conditions, they can do reasonably well in less than ideal conditions, especially if they are improved in a decent amount of time.
What I don't understand about your thermostat that didn't work is that you're supposed to be able to set it for a range of temperatures. Do you mean that when you turned it up as high as possible it still didn't get over 84-87 (which is a tiny bit low but not unreasonable)? It seems to me that if you turned it up all the way it's like not having it at all and it should have gone back up to 110.

Aliza
yeah and i got worried bc he was getting constipated and his stomach was getting bigger so i panicked lol

Visit our friends