Uroplatus Phantasticus and Henkeli

Styx

I guess I forgot to post these two here. Whoops.

My male Henkeli:
UHenkCM.jpg

UHenk.jpg

UHenk1.jpg

UHenk2.jpg

My male Phantasticus:
UPhant1.jpg

UPhant3.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
WOW! Those are both STUNNING! How long have you had them??

Wish I Could DOUBLE LIKE these photos!

Styx

Haha! Thanks. I have had the Henkeli since September last year and the Phantasticus since March this year. So far so good, but they are pretty delicate so I am paranoid about messing up with them. I wish they didn't stress as bad as they do, I'd love to get more photos of them, especially the Henkeli since he looks WAY different sometimes.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I'll second that, these are stunning!! Such beautiful camouflage, they look just like bark/leaves! It looks like the Henkeli has a little beard-type fringyness going on. Very neat!

Styx

Oh yeah, he has a little mossy beard thing going on. Several Uroplatus species do, and I REALLY like it.

jess

wow, i had no idea gecko's cud look like this styx!!!!! very, very cool!!!!! love how camoflauged they are!!!!

Jetfire

I'm digging the Henckel's alot.I'm hoping to get back into Uroplatys this summer, after I move to Arizona.I need to find out what the show schedule is out there.I'm hoping to get either a pair of fringed leaftails, or a pair of the lined leaftails that look like bamboo (their name escapes me at the moment, and I'm too lazy to be googling anything right now, honestly).

Styx

Not sure what the "fringed" ones might be but I know the second one is U. Lineatus off the top of my head. I am liking my Henkeli a lot. My phant is awesome beyond reason. I hope to get some ladies for them, and a pair of high white U. Sikorae. Need to save my pennies for those.

Jetfire

Fimbriatis (or fimbriatus, can never remember the spelling offhand) are what I've always heard referred to as the "fringed"leaftails. The high white sikorae are gorgeous, too.

Visit our friends