UVB For My Leopard Gecko

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
People who use UVB for their diurnal reptiles usually have it on either 10 hours in the winter to 14 hours in the summer or 12 hours all year round. It's a little more complicated with leopard geckos since some of these geckos will hide all day and not be out in the UVB at all. For best results, I recommend that you keep the light on (if you really want a light) 12 hours a day year round and also dust your leopard gecko's feeders with calcium and D3 every other feeding. If you do want the gecko to possibly benefit from the UVB, remember that you'll have to change out the light every 6 months (I have read the T5's can go 12-18 months)

Aliza

asking questions

Thank you so much so if it is on for 12 hours year around what time would i have a timer setup for.
For an example like 7am to 7pm or something like that and thanks for your time :).
Also what if I just don't get UVB and rock no light would that we ok?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I keep the lights on in the cages I light (no leopard gecko cages) 7am to 7pm, but any reasonable 12 hours is OK (it would be kind of weird, for example, to have the lights on 3am to 3pm).
I don't use lights for my leopard gecko cages. As long as there is ambient light in the room so the geckos know when it's daytime and when it's night time and they are getting supplemented by dusting their feeders every other time with calcium and vitamin D3 they should be fine.

Aliza

Visit our friends