Vacation with leos

The lizards

Hello! I'm going on vacation at the end of June for about 2 weeks. I have 3 leos that need to be looked after. I'm planning on buying and putting big water bowls in each of their tanks while I'm gone. I have someone that's willing to look after them, but I'm not sure if they will do the proper feeding, etc. Should I give them a big meal before and have the pet-sitter feed them the next week or so? Or should I just leave a bowl of worms and such for them? I just need tips on what to do with them on vacation. Anything helps. Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I recommend you leave a bunch of worms and have the caregivers keep the water bowls topped up. That will probably be fine for them.

Aliza

The lizards

I recommend you leave a bunch of worms and have the caregivers keep the water bowls topped up. That will probably be fine for them.

Aliza
About how many worms? I'm thinking mealworms, and anything you'd recommend. Thank you so much!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I never count. Just fill up the bowl. When I had my first leopard gecko in 2004 I went away for about a week. I had someone staying in the house but didn't want him to have to deal with feeders so I just had him top up her water. She was fine when I got back.

Aliza

Visit our friends