"Variety Is The Spice Of Life"

eric

OREGON GECKO
I'm loving the variety this group is giving me in offspring! Still on the fence on whether or not they are pure G. hainanensis, G. lichtenfelderi or hybrid crosses but hope to have all that figured out soon, anyway I still love em!

Male

cavemale1.jpg

Female 3

cave3.jpg

Female 2

cave2.jpg

Female 1 (Not in shed this is her natural color)

cave1.jpg

And now for the babies!

Female 2's clutch
Gecko A

baby1.jpg

Gecko B
baby2.jpg

Female 3's clutch
Gecko A

baby3.jpg

Gecko B
baby4.jpg

Female 1's clutch
Gecko A

baby5.jpg

Gecko B
baby6.jpg

The variation in the hatchlings from the three different mothers is really noticeable when you compare female 1's hatchlings (Whiter bands and white spots are forming on a couple hatchlings knees) to the other females hatchlings (yellow bands no spots on knees) but female 2 has one hatchling that looks identical to female 1's clutch. I don't believe my male to be the cause of the strange variations and I'm not OK with "well its just different" something is causing them to be different and I hope to find out why soon. :)

Smidget88

Its always possible for crosses in genes from the mothers before you had them, they may not have been full blooded like you said either way your offspring look great :)

eric

OREGON GECKO
Thanks everyone! It will be really interesting to see how these W/C's stack up to the G. hainanensis and G. lichtenfelderi I'll be getting in September.

Visit our friends