Vermiculite

Hi I’m incubating with vermiculite I got it nice and wet it’s been in the incubator for 7 hours and it still seems wet but clay like will it maintain this or no I had humidity trouble with permit so I trued this also the humidity in the incubator is 78.

Hi I’m incubating with vermiculite I got it nice and wet it’s been in the incubator for 7 hours and it still seems wet but clay like will it maintain this or no I had humidity trouble with permit so I trued this also the humidity in the incubator is 78.
Should I cover up the holes with electrical tape

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, cover the holes. The way the hobovator (I think you said you were using that, though it could have been someone else) circulates air, with the holes it's more likely that the substrate will dry out.

Aliza

The incubator is getting way to hot any tips it was at 102 when I leave the lid half off it’s 95 which is fine but will the eggs be fine with the lid half off

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the incubator's thermostat isn't keeping the eggs at the proper temperature, you'll need a better thermostat. In that case you should buy a proportional thermostat. You would then plug the incubator into the new thermostat and plug the thermostat into the wall (and turn the incubator thermostat way up so it doesn't ever come on).
How are you measuring the temperature? In my opinion, if you're incubating leopard gecko eggs, 95 is not fine, it's way too hot. I wouldn't go higher than 88. If you're using anything to measure temperature that's not a digital thermometer with a probe, the measurement is going to be inaccurate.

Aliza

Visit our friends