Video of my 180 gallon tank

fishyfan

Your Dempsey is beautiful :)

A couple pics of him and a tilapia
geckocage2.jpg

geckocage4.jpg

geckocage3.jpg

gorgeous! I used to have a 125 in my living room, but it cracked.
It's scary when they crack isn't it? Did you lose any water? The 180 in my video cracked but i drilled a small hole right at the peak of the crack to prevent it from spreading and patched it and its been fine for a couple years now... (you can see the patch in the video)

nrich

It cracked along the bottom while I was away for a weekend. about half dumped out on my living room floor. I had to pull up the carpet and dry it out with hair blow dryers. I was lucky that I didn't have any fish in it at the time. I had just set it up again after a year long hiatus after my last Oscar died and was in the process of cycling it.

A

Andrew

Awesome tank. If I had the room, I'd have a 180 gallon as well...only it would be saltwater, and I'd buy one or two bamboo shark eggs. :p It's something I've wanted to do for years.
Still, the arowana is awesome. Maintenance for freshwater is probably a lot easier too. @_@
I assume you've seen this, but I wanted to throw it out there anyways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDeDI9bC2k - 200,000 GBP...got to be close to $400,000 US. Looks like a leucistic?
I wonder if any leopard gecko will ever go for that much.:main_laugh::main_rolleyes:

fishyfan

Awesome tank. If I had the room, I'd have a 180 gallon as well...only it would be saltwater, and I'd buy one or two bamboo shark eggs. :p It's something I've wanted to do for years.
Still, the arowana is awesome. Maintenance for freshwater is probably a lot easier too. @_@
I assume you've seen this, but I wanted to throw it out there anyways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDeDI9bC2k - 200,000 GBP...got to be close to $400,000 US. Looks like a leucistic?
I wonder if any leopard gecko will ever go for that much.:main_laugh::main_rolleyes:

I'd love to have a snow arowana :D

P

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

some nice fish,

though a 180 is nowhere near big enough for an arowana IMO. given that those things are built for cruising I'd want something a minimum of 3m by1.5m (10foot by 5) and as I say, that'd be the minimum.

love arowanas, and if I got the opportunity a large tropical pond with those in would be awesome, (especially to get the cats with...)

S

sam1220

thats amazing!!

i agree with the guy above, that tank is a little small for an arowana

Saura

Nice tank !

I keep O.mosambicus too, I allso had silver & black aros but sold them all.
Especially the Silvers were way to houngry :D

Visit our friends