Viper Eggs!!!!

Herpcam

Here is a picture of our first Viper Gecko eggs with a leopard gecko egg next to it for comparison. We just put our pair together a week ago and have a clutch already. They're awesome little geckos.

eggcomparison.jpg

robin

awwww so much smaller and rounder!! what is that the eggs are in? oh and i really don't think i could see baby vipers lol the adults are cute but honestly i think the babies may be too small for me too see, well at least til i get my contacts LOL

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Congrats!!! And expect alot more eggs.They will throw 1-2 eggs a clutch 12 month out of the year if you let them.:main_laugh:

Herpcam

Thanks, I can't wait to see the little guys hatch. They are incubated on dry sand, apparently, which is what the blue stuff is they're in. I incubate leo eggs in perlite, but everything I read is that vipers are done this way. I'll keep y'all posted as they get closer to hatching.

Jeremy, How long do you think they'll take to hatch at 84-ish?

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Probably a month or 2.Probably a little under 2 months.I have had them hatch out at 84 degrees at just over a month.:main_laugh:
If you plan on seperating them so you dont over breed the females do it at about the forth clutch.The sperm retention in the females is still good for 1-3 more clutches.:main_thumbsup:

Herpcam

Here they are!!!!

What chaos for such small little boogers! Even though they rolled the other eggs, the eggs still hatched.

viperbabies2.jpg

Here's one in my hand.

viperbabies3.jpg

And yeah, that's a regular sized milk cap.

viperbabies1.jpg

Pro Geckos

professionalreptiles.com
Congrats Rob! They are very cute and tiny! Looks like you’re having a great season with them…

Herpcam

Thanks, everyone. You're right, they are really small. I was afraid that I was going to hurt them also, so I don't really pick them up except to move from incubator to enclosure. I'll wait a few weeks before I pick them up again. The mom and dad are a bit larger so I don't worry about them. I'm going to separate them, because she's an egg-laying machine!

You have to get one or two of these little guys. They 'hunt' like leopard geckos do with their tails up in the air.

Visit our friends