Vitamin & Calcium

SpOuK-3-

Is it good to always leave Calcium in a small cup in the cage where i put the worms before he eat them ??

What I have done it's a small cup with a pinch of calcium + a pinch of vitamin ...

Is this too much for him or it's safe ... Is it better to put only calcium and add another cup a couple times a month with vitamin in it ?

Thanks for the answer ... Good day to everyone :)

P

pawsfoot

The cup with the calcium is a very good idea. If your gecko is not getting enough calcium it will actually go and lick in the cup. But you do not want to add vitamins to it. You don't want to overdo the vitamins. Take a regular plastic baggy and put your vitamin powder in it. Then take the mealworms or the crickets that you are going to feed and dump them in the vitamin bag, close the bag. Shake the bag to coat the feeder insect. Take out the feeder insect and put it in the bowl or enclosure. You only have to do this once a week for juvies. It's not time consuming or hard and you know your gecko is not getting too much.

N

Nastynotch

twice a week i put a dash of calcium in the bowl along with the mealworms they will be eating for the day. works pretty well.

GoGo

I'm Watching You
I leave a bowl of vit/calc power in my tank at all times. But instead of eating it my geckos seem to like to BATHE in it...Weirdos >>.

N

Nastynotch

GoGo said:
I leave a bowl of vit/calc power in my tank at all times. But instead of eating it my geckos seem to like to BATHE in it...Weirdos >>.

ya if you look at my tanks, there tends to be a bunch of white footprints all over the side of the glass.

weird kids.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I put calcium on every feeding and have a dish in the cage, I add multivites with D3 several times a month.

Calcium should generally be on every feeding esp for babies and breeding females and a dish too.

Visit our friends