want to get another leo - 2 females OK in 10 gal? 2 month old

ggg111

Hi,

I just got my first leo yesterday (2 month old girl) in a 10 gal tank. She is freaked out from the shipping but doing OK besides that (I think). I already want to get another one!! :main_laugh: I want to know can I house 2 females in a 10 gallon tank? She is only 16 grams - should I get another female the same age/weight or can it be older/bigger? Should I get the new female tomorrow or let the one I have get acclimated for a few days/weeks first?

THANKS! :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You could keep 2 juveniles (say, under 40 grams) in a 10 gallon, but you will need a bigger tank when they are adults. Whatever you do, if you're getting a second gecko from another place, you will need to quarantine it for at least a month to make sure no one is sick. If this is the first time you've had a reptile, I recommend you let the one you have settle in and become familiar with gecko care and see if this is really what you want for awhile. Otherwise, you should consider getting a 20 gallon set-up, putting the second gecko in there for its quarantine and then introducing the original gecko who's been in the 10 gallon. Then they can have their permanent home together in the 20 and you have a quarantine tank for new additions. If the geckos are very young, make sure they are both females if you put them together.

Aliza

P

project1

i have had 2 females in one tank but it was a 40gal once they were bigger .. when they are older they will want their space so a bigger tank will prob be needed

suz830

That is funny.... I got one 2 weeks ago and I already want another one too!!
I got a female so I want another female, I have a 10 gal but if I get another one I will get a bigger tank eventually...
I agree I think you need at least a 20 gal for two adults.

I have also heard that if you get another one it should be similar in size/weight.

Visit our friends