We Have Eggs! Hope I Have The SuperHatch Right!

cowana

Last night I noticed she was digging more than usual and throwing coco fiber everywhere so I made up a deli cup of Repashy SuperHatch and put it in the incubator. (No holes will aerate on Wednesday mornings & Saturday nights.) This morning I woke up to 2 eggs in the lay box! Yay! [emoji2] I marked them and moved them into the incubator. I hope I have the SuperHatch right and them buried enough/not too much. I'm an anxious first time gecko mom. Ha

The incubator is set at 82F so I'm thinking I should have hatchlings around the beginning of April. *fingers crossed*

Amy

3d6427704fa02227e49bac2d1fba6b0b.jpg
171e75f4c2f1ed8a5a3963ba41a8a087.jpg

cowana

Wow, those look beautiful. Hopefully she'll snap back on her food and get feeding again before the next round. :)

Thanks! I was honestly surprised how nice they are and what an easy time she had with them considering how little she is. :)

She is eating again, so that is great! I weighed her however last night and she is only 34g. :( I am offering her mealworms and dubias dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus a couple times a day. She seems to prefer a few small meals. Going to get a few waxworms too. I'm trying to get some weight on her before her next clutch comes.

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Looking good! what do you plan on incubating for? males or females? I don't know why but I'm always curious about that.

cowana

Try giving her a pinky mouse

I have thought about a pinky mouse if I can find one tiny enough. She has a pretty small head, so I worry about her choking. :(

Looking good! what do you plan on incubating for? males or females? I don't know why but I'm always curious about that.

I am incubating for females right now. I have a wine cooler that was converted into an incubator as my main one. I plan on breeding my other 2 females in the coming months and I will probably incubate one clutch from each of my 3 females in my Little Giant incubator for males. :)

cowana

Her eggs are still fairly soft, I know they're soft-shelled, but aren't they supposed to firm up and not be squishy? I opened the container for air exchange tonight and they were still "squishy" but holding there shape (no dents, caving in, etc.). Shouldn't they be more firm and slightly "spongy"?

I had read after I put them in the incubator if they were still soft (meaning probably freshly laid) that you should leave them in the lay box for a few hours to firm up more. I didn't know this since it is my first clutch ever and I didn't want to take them out of the media and incubator. Is squishiness normal after 3 days or will I possibly lose these eggs? I know to let them ride until obviously bad (smell rotten, deflated, etc.), but I want to do my best to not repeat any mistakes I may be making incubating.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Visit our friends