Welcome to GeckoForums.net!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to Gecko Forums.net!
We're glad you found our new gecko community. We hope to provide a neutral, friendly online environment for all gecko enthusiasts the world over!
Please use this thread or this subforum to introduce yourself and your geckos.

Thanks for stopping by!

Josh

stickyfeet

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to GeckoTalk.com!
We're glad you found our new gecko community. We hope to provide a neutral, friendly online environment for all gecko enthusiasts the world over!
Please use this thread or this subforum to introduce yourself and your geckos.

Thanks for stopping by!

Josh
Hi Josh...thanks for the welcome. I own three Cresties...Godric, Claudia and Talbot....love these little guys and always looking for more information on their care and well being...glad to be here !!

bindidragon

Hi Everyone!

I never properly introduced myself. I'm Carl and Marnie's mom. They are two rescue leos. Carl was going to be culled by a breeder and the rescue took him in. He had a rough trip here, so he has some additional visual issues. Marnie hatched with a short, deformed right arm which she can't use. They will be 2 in September (Carl 9/17 & Marnie 9/28). I also have a 15 yr old male beardie, Scooter, and a 3 yr old female yellow Saharan uro. I want to thank everyone for their help with Carl & Marnie. You guys are great!

Emily C. Whiteley

Morning.

I currently have two Mediterranean geckos that were caught in Florida in 2012; two juvenile Leopard geckos and one crested. I don't know much about the critters as I mainly got them for my classroom (college). these are almost as fun as the tarantulas; at least the students aren't afraid of a 'lizard'.

Caleb C

Morning.

I currently have two Mediterranean geckos that were caught in Florida in 2012; two juvenile Leopard geckos and one crested. I don't know much about the critters as I mainly got them for my classroom (college). these are almost as fun as the tarantulas; at least the students aren't afraid of a 'lizard'.
Hey, welcome :)
Is the leopard gecko in the picture yours? If so, it would be best to get him off those substrates and put him on reptile carpet instead, it's best for their health :)

Emily C. Whiteley

Hey, welcome :)
Is the leopard gecko in the picture yours? If so, it would be best to get him off those substrates and put him on reptile carpet instead, it's best for their health :)

Will do. Thanks for the heads up. Is this even safe for my crested gecko?

Caleb C

It seems like you're using some kind of bark and sand substrate, i'd say eco earth is best, it's one of the top substrates people use for crested geckos, mostly because it hold's moisture really well.

jenna

I now own 2 tokay geckos 1.1. Belle and Tokie. They are getting along great. She is very active and feisty. She loves to eat!! I hope one day to breed them. I think I may be the first in Alaskas to breed them, I have not seen anybody advertise them. So this aught to be an interesting exsperiance. :)

Emily C. Whiteley

It seems like you're using some kind of bark and sand substrate, i'd say eco earth is best, it's one of the top substrates people use for crested geckos, mostly because it hold's moisture really well.
Thanks, I have eco earth. Could I use this for my leopards?

Caleb C

Nope, leopard geckos don't really need humidity, i lightly mist my tanks like once a week.
Leopard geckos are also clumsy eaters, so they tend to ingest some of the substrate.
The cheapest substrate is paper towels, but they don't really look too nice.

jMarie0510

Hey, my name is Jessica, and I am going to be getting my first geckos in September at my local reptile show. At least I hope, lol. Looking to get to leopards. Fred and Wilma, lol. Any tips and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! You can find all the info you need here on GeckoTalk
If you have any specific questions, just let us know. Can't wait to see your geckos!

jMarie0510

I can't wait to see them either! Lol I know it sounds silly but I feel like ill know they're the ones as soon as I see them!

jMarie0510

I am going to the ky reptile expo on September 7th in Evansville, and then the ky reptile expo in Louisville on October 12 th. look around to see what they have, but also to find a friend for my turtle chaos! Lol

Visit our friends