Welcome to the Anatomy Forum!

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
I 'll start off

8 year old Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) found dead in enclosure- probable cause of death egg binding.
4179599669_c409187b53_b.jpg

BGalloway

Skin post!
Compare Skink scales to Iguana scales to Frog skin to Alligator osteoderms to keeled Hognose scales to smooth Milk Snake scales.
I have more pictures to post but have to study for a herpetology exam tomorrow :p.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Zach,
Wow, thats crazy... Did u cut her open to see what it might have been when you found her dead, or did she burst open like that and thats how you found her?

And were the eggs too premature to incubate anyway? Or were you still able to harvest them?

BGalloway

Took these with my new camera and had to shrink them waaaay down so the file would fit. The frogs were found around the campus pond and surprisingly unafraid of people. I have snapping turtle pictures from when two of the big wild ones came all the way out of the water to bask, but everyone's seen snapping turtles.

First (from left to right) we have a tiny turtle showing off the tongue, lack of teeth, internal nareal openings, and other features common to turtles.
Second, an alligator snapper doing the same, note the pink bit on the tongue contrasting with the rest of the mouth lining.
Third, female bullfrog, small tympanum.
Fourth, male bullfrog, large tympanum and note that the skin fold drops down after the tympanum in bullfrogs instead of running straight back like in green frogs.
Fifth, tortoise with a banana goatee, just for fun. Note the growth rings on the shell.

Also, a suggestion, the anatomy section might be more used if we had a question/request thread and then discussion threads when people post answering pictures or diagrams?

Visit our friends