What’s up with my gecko?

Bhuffman2

My gecko has been pulling up with back legs sometimes when he is walking. He is fully supplemented and fed well. I’m not sure what this is.
His back legs are firm and he has no issues climbing on me, he doesn’t do this when he’s on my skin. Just when he’s walking on his paper towels or on the bed. I’m not if maybe his nails are getting stuck or what.
Like I said, strong bones to the touch and no reaction of I touch/squeeze them. Please help.
I would attach a video but it doesn’t allow me.
But he just starts walking and then he’ll pull one of his back legs up close and then put it down and keep walking.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's really hard to know what you mean without a video. If he has any sores on the bottom of his foot, that could be what's doing it. Otherwise, he may either have a weird way of walking or his nails may be getting stuck. What substrate is he on?

Aliza

Bhuffman2

It's really hard to know what you mean without a video. If he has any sores on the bottom of his foot, that could be what's doing it. Otherwise, he may either have a weird way of walking or his nails may be getting stuck. What substrate is he on?

Aliza
He is on paper towels. I’ve been doing some research and it I’ve found a couple others with a similar issue but no ones had real answers.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Try this experiment: Get a ceramic tile and put it somewhere in his cage so he has paper towel and tile to walk on. See if there's any difference.

Aliza

Visit our friends