What do you get with a tangerine and a mack snow???

wafles

I think most people use the reptile calculator, sorry I'm of no help besides suggesting the app. I'm interested finding out I would like to breed my sht gecko in a few years.

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

tb144050

i used one and it confused me it just said 50 50 and i know that can't be

It can and probably will be about an even mix. When planning to breed geckos, it is recommended to know what the offspring will be. I understand that not all situations are "planned" and are, instead, SURPRISE's..lol

Anyway, long story short....

1) A mack snow has 1 dominant gene that makes it look like a mack snow....so there is a 50% chance that the offspring will receive that dominant gene. If the offspring do not receive the dominant "mack snow gene," then ...

2) A tangerine is the result of many breedings of tangerine-colored Leopard geckos to refine the color (and usually line-bred reduced spotting). Mating with a "non-tangerine" will lose all quality of having that smooth tangerine look...probably lose most of the color too. The result would probably just be called a "normal" (nothing special in the linebreeding or genetic qualities...aka...a "mutt") :D

indyana

I would assume not, as the snow gene washes out a geckos yellow/orange coloration. I guess the gecko might have some tangerine coloration masked by the snow gene and later produce tangerines when bred to a non-snow, but you wouldn't know that until the next generation.

LepoInc

Mack snows are a genetic mutation, and like they said above, about 50% of the geckos will be Mack Snows.
Tangerine, which wasn't specified as SHT or a common with tangerine colors, will in-fact be a little flushed out by the snow gene, but it will still have the effort in trying to be Tangerine.
Post some pictures so we can better help you understand what will come from the pairing.
But for now, best I can say is all the geckos will have that effort in being a tangerine, whether it's boldy a tangerine or just a few hints here and there. I've seen some really neat mack tangerines that results in almost a peach color.

Visit our friends