What insects would my AFT like? (See details)

H_K

Hi guys,

I have a male AFT who refuses to eat crickets, meal worms, wax worms, and many more basic pet store foods. However, he has ate silkworms, hornworms, and butter worms. (I don't feed him butter worms often, because they are fatty)

The problem is my area is running out of silkworms and hornworms. I've tried calling countless pet stores. I'm not worrying about him going hungry because when I got him he didn't eat for months at a time.

I guess my question is that with the information above, what would you recommend for my AFT?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can get silkworms and hornworms online. You could try superworms. You could also try holding him and pushing a cricket at his mouth. Maybe when he tastes one he'll change his mind.

Aliza

Reactions: H_K

H_K

You can get silkworms and hornworms online. You could try superworms. You could also try holding him and pushing a cricket at his mouth. Maybe when he tastes one he'll change his mind.

Aliza

Alright, thanks. The thing about buying online is they sell like a minimum of 25 horn/silk worms and they die within a few days, so it's not really worth getting all of those. Although if you could find a trust worthy sight that sells silkworms in small quantity, that would be great!

Also, I'm not too fond of super worms because apparently they are very clever and I have read that they can chew through the reptiles stomach. (That's what happened with my moms lizard) I know some people say its a myth, but I'm staying on the safe side.

Last edited:

Visit our friends