What is his morph?

AshTheEGoth

This is my yearling leopard gecko, Sihtric. He was is pretty rough shape when we got him as a rescue. He brightened up so I can see his colors and patterns now. I'm wondering what morph(s) he is or could be. He doesn't look like any of the Leopard geckos I've been around or owned in the past.
This is an older photo, he's a bit bigger now Messenger Kids_creation_24760622.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There's no way to know for sure, but here are some guesses based on how he looks:
a. This one's more definite: his tail is banded except at the end. His body has broken bands. Technically when there are broken bands on both the tail and the body, the gecko is called "jungle". When the bands are broken only on the tail or only on the body, it's called "aberrant". This one is a jungle by the skin of its teeth (or its tail).

b. in the picture, the gecko appears to be largely black and white with yellow developing on the body. I would assume it's yellower now. It's likely that the gecko is a Mack snow, but it can't be proven except by breeding it.

c. The gecko is unusually speckled. Often when a gecko has a gene for blizzard, which is recessive, it exhibits speckles

Aliza

AshTheEGoth

There's no way to know for sure, but here are some guesses based on how he looks:
a. This one's more definite: his tail is banded except at the end. His body has broken bands. Technically when there are broken bands on both the tail and the body, the gecko is called "jungle". When the bands are broken only on the tail or only on the body, it's called "aberrant". This one is a jungle by the skin of its teeth (or its tail).

b. in the picture, the gecko appears to be largely black and white with yellow developing on the body. I would assume it's yellower now. It's likely that the gecko is a Mack snow, but it can't be proven except by breeding it.

c. The gecko is unusually speckled. Often when a gecko has a gene for blizzard, which is recessive, it exhibits speckles

Aliza
Thank you so much! He is much more yellow now. I'm definitely going to do more research on his possible traits, so interesting! I'll definitely consider adding him to my future breeding plans to see if he proves out for mack snow. If you would like I can post a more relevant picture that I took yesterday of him. Thank you so much :D

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Nice looking gecko. Yes, you can see between the two pictures how he got yellower as he matured. Probably hatched black and white.

Aliza

Visit our friends