What is on my gecko’s tail?

Stebs

Hello! Ever since my gecko’s tail has been getting bigger, I’ve noticed this indent on her tail thats quite big. Is this normal or should I take her to the vet?
1F11942F-B5BF-4906-B603-BFB2B78AEB05.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I believe what you're seeing is called a "paradox spot". It means that there's a small area of pigmentation that's unusual. It's not a problem. I have a gecko with a large black blotch on his tail and I once hatched a gecko with a large yellow splotch. It's fine, just a visual thing.

Aliza

Stebs

I believe what you're seeing is called a "paradox spot". It means that there's a small area of pigmentation that's unusual. It's not a problem. I have a gecko with a large black blotch on his tail and I once hatched a gecko with a large yellow splotch. It's fine, just a visual thing.

Aliza
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. She’s supposed to be a blizzard but has developed quite a bit of color. Now that I zoom into the photo I can see that it is just a dark spot. She is very skiddish and doesn’t let me hold her so I couldn’t look much into it. Thank you so much! :)

Visit our friends