What is Tremper?

ajq1540

GF's youngest I think
If anyone knows what tremper mean? I have heard it before and still have no idea what it means. So if you know how to explain tremper in the most simple and understandable way that would be great! :main_thumbsup:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Ron Tremper was the first to introduce an albino leopard geckos to the market. This strain of albinos are called "Tremper Albinos', or just "Tremper".

HugeGenes&LoLa

I think the better question to ask is "Who is Tremper?" The answer to that is that Ron Tremper is a renowned herpetologist that worked as the reptile curator of the Fresno Zoo (in California) and has since started his own research facility in Texas. He has bred 31 generations of leopard geckos (that's 31 years, give or take), among many other reptiles. He is featured very frequently in Gecko Times, and his website is ranked among the top 5 by reptile owners.

Anyway. He was the one who discovered and isolated an albino gene within leopard geckos, and because of this, the leopard gecko community has named this particular morph after Ron Tremper.

Hence, the Tremper Albino.

There are two other albinos besides trempers. These are bell albinos and rainwater albinos. Hope this helped.

Visit our friends