What morph is this?

So, I have this little leopard gecko. I thought that he was just a regular blizzard, but upon further research I've found that that is not true. I think that he's either a diablo blanco or a blazing blizzard. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_122457880.jpg
    IMG_20201114_122457880.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's hard to tell much from that picture. A diablo blanco would be bright white with solid red eyes. I'm not sure how easy it would be to tell the difference between a blazing blizzard (an albino blizzard). As I understand it, the blazing blizzard would be white with some beige or yellow coloration but no gray (which sometimes shows up in regular blizzards). Here's the link to The Urban Gecko's description:

Aliza

Alright thank you. His eyes are not red, so that rules out the diablo blanco. He does seem to have some yellow coloration, so he is possibly a blazing. Thank you for your knowledge and help.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure how a banana blizzard could be line bred since it depends on 2 recessive traits (blizzard and Murphy's patternless) and also not sure (and this is because I have little experience with either patternless or blizzards how someone could tell visually (without knowing the genetics) that they have a banana blizzard since it's hard enough sometimes to tell for sure if a gecko is a bright blizzard or a patternless. I'm happy to be educated, though.

Aliza

I'm not entirely sure how a banana blizzard could be line bred since it depends on 2 recessive traits (blizzard and Murphy's patternless) and also not sure (and this is because I have little experience with either patternless or blizzards how someone could tell visually (without knowing the genetics) that they have a banana blizzard since it's hard enough sometimes to tell for sure if a gecko is a bright blizzard or a patternless. I'm happy to be educated, though.

Aliza
I don't know either. I'm just going with he's a little albino gecko of some kind. Do you have any knowledge of pied super snows by chance?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I am doubtful that there exists an actual "pied" supersnow. What's more likely is that there would be a supersnow eclipse. One of the features of eclipse besides the eyes is that there is white with no pattern on the nose, head and/or legs. I have a few eclipse with this feature. As you probably know, super snows have solid color eyes even if they don't carry the eclipse gene. If you have a supersnow that carries 2 copies of the eclipse gene it will also have solid eyes and you'd be able to tell it's an eclipse as well because it will have that extra white in the areas I mentioned. (Otherwise it's hard to tell whether or not it's an eclipse. I produced some of these that were clearly eclipses and others where I had to say that I wasn't sure). Some people might think they look pied but I don't think they are technically.

Aliza

Visit our friends