What should I breed with them?

L

Lolo_n_Leos

I have two female leos who are still pretty young (about 3 months), but I might want to breed them when they're big enough. Thinking ahead, I'm really not sure what kind of boy to mate with them! One girl is a Las Vegas Albino het Patternless, and the other is a Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot-Tail... what would you suggest, if I only want one male (at least for the first season)? Can all morphs be inter-bred, or do I stick with either a LV Albino or SHTCT? And on a side note, how big/old should they be before introducing a male? I haven't weighed them in a few weeks, but they were only 24g & 19g respectively... these girls are PIGS, though, so I think they've put on quite a bit since then. ;)

A few pictures of the girls, and TIA for any ideas or suggestions...

Sahara the LV Albino
DSCF0531.jpg

DSCF0534.jpg

And Sunny, the SHTCT
DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lolo_n_Leos

FYI: I'm pretty well-versed in Ball Python morphs & breeding (I own 7), but new to Gecko breeding... any suggestions on a good source for learning more? Aside from this site, of course - LOL.

artgecko

A male LV albino would produce more albino with the albino female and normals (?) with the SHTCT (unless she is het for LV albino). Then you could cross the offspring (F1s) and maybe get sunglows (SHTCT Albino).

Depends what you want to get. If you want sunglows, get a sunglow male, the F1s will all be SHTCT and het albino, but thier offspring (if crossed) should have some sunglow and some SHTCT.

L

Lolo_n_Leos

Thanks for the replies! I really prefer the albino coloration to the CT/Sunglow, so it would be cool to bring out that gene... so would you recommend another LV albino? And what would happen with a patternless, since Sahara is het for that morph? Btw, I just weighed them - Sahara is now 28g, and Sunny is 25g. :)

(she's in shed right now - hence the pink "glow")
DSCF1489.jpg

DSCF1485.jpg

Visit our friends